Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Game and a Heartbreak

                                                        A picture is worth a thousand words.


24-23. Two missed field goals, bad play calls, another loss. 1-3. Just say it. 1-3. The Eagles outplayed the 49ers. But yet, another loss. I understand that we have a rookie kicker, and that he will make mistakes, but missing 33- and 39-yard field goals is unacceptable.

I was at this game. It was my first Eagles game. The atmosphere was amazing, the fans were rowdy, and it was everything I expected and hoped it would be. But all of it was foiled by the loss. In short, the experience was great, but the game was bad.

 I thought for sure with a 20-3 halftime lead, the Eagles would win. I thought the day was going to be perfect, and the Eagles were finally going to win a game that they should have won.

But then reality sunk in. I am an Eagles fan, what can go wrong, will go wrong. Near the end of the game, everyone started to get prepared for the Phillies game that night. They took off their Eagles gear and put on their Phillies gear. Everyone started to chant "let's go Phillies!" However, the Phillies ended up blowing a 4-0 lead. They lost their second playoff game to the Cardinals 5-4.

Needless to say, it was one terrible day in Philadelphia.

1 comment: